Need a fun way to spend your summer days? Great ideas are all around you. There’s never a shortage of things apartment residents can do in metro Detroit in the summertime, especially if you live in one of our apartment communities in Rochester Hills, West Bloomfield, Novi, Northville, Commerce Township, Auburn Hills, or Canton.
Top Things Apartment Residents Can Do in Metro Detroit
Some annual events in southeast Michigan become summertime traditions, while others are once-in-a-lifetime unique opportunities you’ll want to take advantage of when you can.
Here are some of the top festivals and other events planned in the local area this year:
- Summerfest 2018 will take place June 22-23 in downtown Auburn Hills. It will include an arts and crafts fair, live music, a car show, and more.
- A Friday Night Summer Music Concert series will be held at the Pop-Up-Public Square beginning at 7 p.m. Artists to be featured include Charles Davis & Tee Turner on June 29; Rich Eddy’s Rockin’ Oldies on July 13; Athens Creek on July 27; the Kroon Trio on Aug. 10; and Guy Louis & Chautauqua Express on Aug. 24.
- Liberty Fest will take place June 14-16 at Heritage Park. The festival will include live entertainment, a carnival, festival food, midway games, an International Festival, fireworks display, and more.
- A family movie campout will include everything from a movie at dusk on July 13 to canoeing and breakfast the following morning at Heritage Park. Families can set up tents to stay overnight or come and go.
- An Independence Day parade will begin at 10 a.m. July 4 downtown.
- A Maybury Family Campout is set for Aug. 18-19 at the park. It will include a nature hike, fishing contest, crafts, campfire, and more.
- The Festival of the Hills is scheduled for June 27 at Borden Park. It will include vendor booths and a fireworks show.
- A River Float event will be held from 1 to 4 p.m. July 15 at Innovation Hills. Participants will float down the Clinton River in an inflatable inner tube while learning about local and wildlife history from the hosts.
- Summer on the Bank will take place from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. July 14 at Marshbank Park. It will feature a giant water slide, pony rides, live music, water sports, fishing, and more.
- The Marshbank Music Series is set for July 11, 18, and 25. Food and beverage service will begin at 5 p.m., and the first band will begin performing at 6 p.m.
Daily Highlights of Metro Detroit Living
One of the best aspects of living in a Singh apartment community is the location. We thoughtfully choose only the most exciting communities for our apartments, and we aim to make our apartment communities as spectacular as the city or township they are in.
So there are always many things apartment residents can do in metro Detroit, especially in the summer, whether it’s at home or just a short drive away.
Here are only some of our ideas:
- Refresh in the apartment community pool.
- Take a walk or bike ride along a local nature trail.
- Shop, dine, or simply walk around to take in the scene at the Village of Rochester Hills, Novi’s Twelve Oaks Mall or Twelve Mile Crossing at Fountain Walk, the downtown area of Northville, or Great Lakes Crossing in Auburn Hills.
- Relax and watch a cool movie at Emagine Canton, Emagine Novi, AMC Star Great Lakes 25 in Auburn Hills, or United Artists Commerce Township Stadium 14.
- Go swimming, canoeing, kayaking, paddle boarding, fishing, or take your boat out on the water. Nearby beaches and lakes include the Pontiac Lake Recreation Area, Proud Lake State Recreation Area, Kensington Metropark, Walled Lake, Cass Lake, Walnut Lake, and Sylvan Lake.
- Spend the day at a local park, like Bloomer Park or Yates Park, both in Rochester Hills, or Heritage Park in Canton.
- Explore the Sea Life Michigan Aquarium in Auburn Hills or the Detroit Zoo in Royal Oak.
- Have fun at one of the outdoor recreation facilities throughout metro Detroit, such as Paradise Park in Novi and Adventure Park in West Bloomfield, which often include miniature golf courses, batting cages, bumper boating, go-karting, ziplining, rock climbing, and more.